2018 - 2019 Fair Share
Fair share for 2018-2019 will be $875.00 per marching student. This money covers band camp and the standard costs for band season.
A parent or other family member who volunteers for at least 2 shifts at Expo will earn a $40 credit toward the student's fair share. Only one such credit may be earned per student.
The cost of a spring trip is not included in the fair share assessment. But you may use the fundraisers to build up your balance (over and above $875.00) to pay for any trips.
The Marching Band fair share payments are due as follows:
- $200.00 deposit and signed commitment form due by May 17, 2018 (NON-REFUNDABLE)
- $135.00 due by June 15, 2018
- $135.00 due by July 15, 2018
- $135.00 due by September 1, 2018
- $135.00 due by October 1, 2018
- $135.00 due by November 1, 2018
All fair share accounts for the current marching season must be paid in full by December 1. Students whose accounts are not fully paid may not participate in the next season's activities (winter percussion, winter guard or the next year's marching band) until their account is brought current.
We have a number of programs you can participate in to raise funds that are credited to your fair share account. For details, click the Fundraising link.
Fair Share Tips - You can help us greatly by following these suggestions:
- You will receive periodic statements showing the charges and credits to your fair share account. We assume that it is correct if we do not hear from you. Mistakes are easier to correct the sooner we find out about them. The longer you wait, the harder it is to trace the problem and in some cases, if too much time has elapsed, we may not be able to correct the problem.
- Please do not give payments to the band director. Payments should be mailed to:
SHS Band Boosters
P.O. Box 99370
Raleigh, NC 27624
Cash payments are discouraged. Write your student's name in the memo line on your check.
- When delivering payments to the fair share coordinator in person, put them in an envelope clearly marked with your name and your student's name (especially if your child's last name is different from your own). If it is after a meeting or a time when an envelope is not available, make sure we have written down the amount, the name, and what it is for. Thank you for double-checking us!
- When sending in checks from people who have bought something from you, please put your student's name and the order or fundraiser, e.g. dining guide, flowers, etc. in the memo space on each check you collect. This makes it easier for us to trace the band member who brought in the check if we need to.
- You are receiving benefits from the fair share money that you pay, therefore, it is not tax deductible.
- Please be reminded of the following:
- Any Credit Balance at year end will be automatically rolled over to your child's fair share balance for the following year if returning to band.
- The only amount that can be returned to you is that money which you have personally contributed in cash, up to the remaining balance in your account, only for the current year (not including the original non-refundable $200).
- According to the SHS Band Booster By-laws, your child's fair share cannot be transferred to anyone else except a sibling currently in band or rising to band.