Concert Band and Wind Ensemble Attire
- Black long sleeve dress shirt
- Solid black dress pants. Absolutely no jeans or casual wear of any kind.
- Black socks and black dress shoes. No tennis shoes. Your black band shoes may be used.
- Solid Black ankle length dress with sleeves, ankle length black skirt, or solid black dress pants. Pants should not be form fitting or leggings.
- Solid black shirt/blouse. Shirts must have full or three quarter length sleeves. Absolutely no short sleeves, straps, or tank tops. Necklines should be appropriate and non-revealing. Tops should be solid black, no sheer material.
- Black dress shoes. Pumps or sling backs are acceptable. No clogs, mules, or flip flops.
Marching Band Attire
There are two marching uniforms the students will wear: New, grey and black uniforms, and the old multi colored Red and Blue Uniforms
- All marchers will be measured during pre-band camp for uniforms and shoes.
New Grey and Black Uniforms: These will remain in the band room. They are primarily used for competition performances. These uniforms are machine washable, but do require specific detail with regard to washing. A group of parents may be needed, as the season progresses, to help with periodic washing.
Multi colored red and blue uniforms: These will always stay in the band room and will follow same cleaning process as grey uniforms. They are primarily used for Friday football games.
Marching Shoes: New marchers will be measured during pre-band camp for shoes.
- Each marcher needs a pair of black marching shoes.
- The shoes are ordered by the band from a supply company for approximately $25.
- The cost will be added to the fair share due from band students.
- Often, the shoes purchased will last multiple marching seasons, so it is usually not necessary to purchase shoes more than once or twice over 4 year period.
In order to keep our band uniforms looking their best, we need to follow some guidelines. Thanks for helping us keep the uniforms in good shape.
- Always wear a white t-shirt and gym shorts under your uniform.
- To hang, begin by matching creases in pants legs. Pants should be flat.
- Pants go through the hanger from the back so the legs are in the front.
- Coat goes over the pants with the hanger matching the curve of your shoulders.
- Zip coat up fully.
- Hang your uniform up in the correct spot.
- Let uniform moms know of any problems you are having with your uniform including needing a new size.
- Each band student is responsible for having clean, black socks every time you wear your uniform.
- If you forget your socks we will sell you a pair.
- If you leave your socks at school, please leave them inside your shoes only!
- One pair of gloves is issued to each band student. Replacement gloves will be an extra cost.
- Gloves are only worn with Friday night multi colored uniforms
- Gloves should be kept on top of your hatbox after wearing. They will mildew if you put them in your hatbox while they are damp with sweat.
- When returning to school after a competition, please be sure to take your gloves out of your hatbox and put them on top so they can dry, even if it is midnight!
- Hats should be stored upside down in the box.
- No trash, socks, or other items should be kept in the hatboxes.
- Hat plumes will be passed out before a show and should be returned to your section leader or a uniform mom first thing when changing out of uniforms.
- Please try to never set your hat on the ground when changing. Put it directly in the hatbox.
- Friday night gauntlets should be zipped in the pocket of your uniform bag.
- Please use the towels provided to wipe grass and mud off shoes before putting them away.
- Be sure dirt and grass from your shoes goes in the trashcan and not on the band room floor.
Thank you. Please contact email@example.com, with questions.